Please join us for a showcase of early-stage innovative research projects that are building capabilities for addressing the challenges of climate change, energy transition, and disasters. These projects were seed funded by The Australian National University (ANU) in 2022 to enhance interdisciplinary collaboration through advancement of novel research in these areas.
Hosted by Dr Roslyn Prinsley, Head of Disaster Solutions at the ANU Institute for Climate, Energy and Disaster Solutions (ICEDS), with opening remarks from ANU Vice-Chancellor, Professor Brian P. Schmidt AC, the event will feature snapshot presentations from researchers sharing early findings and impact pathways of novel technical, scientific and social approaches to climate change, energy and disasters.
- Australia’s psychology workforce capacity [DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION]
Dr Emily Macleod, Postdoctoral Fellow, ANU Research School of Psychology
- AI generation of cyclone data via learned physical constraints [DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION]
Jack Miller, ANU PhB Undergraduate and Tuckwell Scholar
- Partner’s influence on mother and child mental health following climate crisis: a missing link in the MC2020 cohort [DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION]
Dr Amy Dawel, Senior Lecturer and HDR Convenor, ANU School of Medicine and Psychology
- Maximizing co-benefits through measurement reporting and verification (MRV) baselines for carbon removal projects in low-lying Pacific Island Countries [DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION]
Dr Sara Beavis, Senior Lecturer, Associate Director Postgraduate Coursework, ANU Fenner School of Environment and Society
- Inclusive Adaptation? The perspectives of climate-affected communities in the Sundarbans, India [DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION]
Dr Annabel Dulhunty, Lecturer, ANU Crawford School of Public Policy
- Experimental study on hybrid hydrogen direct and plasma reduction of iron ore [DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION]
Dr Alireza Rahbari, Research Fellow, Zero Carbon Energy for the Asia Pacific Initiative
- Hydrogen generation from widely available inorganic materials [DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION]
Professor Ilya Shadrivov, ANU Research School of Physics
- An agenda for Australian research on climate and energy Security [DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION]
Dr Jessie Moritz, Lecturer, ANU Centre for Arab and Islamic Studies
- The People’s Catchment – evaluate and support development of a community-led flood warning system in the Northern Rivers [DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION]
Dr Naomi Hay, Lecturer, ANU School of Art and Design and Dr Jeremy Smith, Senior Lecturer, ANU College of Engineering, Computing and Cybernetics
- Towards a roadmap for a socially just energy transition within the agricultural sector [DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION]
Martin Amidy, Senior Fellow in Agri-Technology, ANU Centre for Entrepreneurial Agri-Technology
- The event will conclude with a networking light-lunch, during which researchers will be available to answer questions regarding their project.
- Please click here for more information on getting to our events.
- By registering for this event you are also subscribing to the ANU Institute for Climate, Energy & Disaster Solutions mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of correspondence. Find out more information in the Event registration privacy notice.