Join the Institute
Membership of the ANU Institute for Climate, Energy & Disaster Solutions is open to academics (including Visiting Fellows) and PhD / HDR students who are involved in climate change-, energy transition- or disaster-risk science-related research and education at ANU.
The ANU Institute for Climate, Energy & Disaster Solutions acts as an entry point for anyone who’s interested in finding out about climate change, energy transition or disaster-risk related research and education at ANU. Our membership comprises more than 500 academics and PhD students whose work touches on the three areas of climate change, the energy transition, and disaster-risk science.
Our goal is to contribute to solutions to climate change, the energy transition, and disaster risks. We draw on the wealth of ANU scholars' collective expertise and connect that expertise with governments, industry, the media, the Canberra community, and the general public. We’re also focussed on building and supporting a collaborative community of climate change-, energy- and disaster-risk related researchers and teachers from every part of the national university.
Membership is open to all ANU academics and PhD students who are involved in climate change, energy transition and disaster-risk related research and education. If you’re not an ANU staff member or research student and would like to stay informed on climate issues at ANU, subscribe to our mailing list or follow us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Membership benefits include:
- Profiling of your research activities via our programs, networks, website, social media and events.
- Opportunities to engage in wider research collaborations within the University through a community of practice.
- Additional research funding opportunities particularly for multidisciplinary teams.
- Educational opportunities through delivering undergraduate, postgraduate and professional short courses on climate change, the energy transition, and disaster preparedness and response.
- Attracting students through the Institute's education and communications programs.
- Access to wider information and networks through newsletters, seminar series, public events, hosting outside visitors, roundtable discussions and informal meetings.
- Media training and profiling opportunities for you and your students’ research.
How to join
Membership is only open to ANU academics (including Visiting Fellows), staff and research students
Submit the form on this page or email email@example.com with this information:
- A short biography / list of relevant research interest or link to an existing bio on ANU website.
- A recent photo or link to one.
- A list of research clusters in which you should be included.
- A list of key words representing your research interests.
- A list of research interests (using keywords that people might search for).
- If you are a PhD student, the date you started your PhD.