Emeritus Professor Kenneth Baldwin
Professor Ken Baldwin is the founding Director of the ANU Grand Challenge: Zero-Carbon Energy for the Asia-Pacific (2018-2021), an inaugural ANU Public Policy Fellow, and the inaugural Director of the ANU Energy Change Institute (2010-2020, now incorporated into ICEDS).
The main focus of his work is to help drive the energy transition, particularly for Australia’s future export industries based on renewable energy.
He has held the following appointments:
- Project Steering Committee, Australian Energy Technology Assessment (2011-2013)
- Board member, South East Region of Renewable Energy Excellence (SERREE, 2014-2019)
- Socio-Economic Modelling Advisory Committee, South Australian Nuclear Fuel Cycle Royal Commission (2015-2017)
- Chair, Energy Cluster, the Australia-Indonesia Centre (2015-2018)
- Founding Chair, Energy Research Institutes Council for Australia (ERICA, 2018-2019)
- Steering Committee, CSIRO Hydrogen Research, Development and Demonstration Report (2019)
- Australian Council of Learned Academies (ACOLA) Steering Committee, Australian Energy Transition Research Plan (2019-present).
- Australian Hydrogen Research Network (AHRN) Steering Committee (2020-present)
Professor Baldwin is an inaugural ANU Public Policy Fellow, and winner of the 2004 Australian Government Eureka Prize for Promoting Understanding of Science, for his role in initiating and championing “Science meets Parliament”.
In 2007, he was awarded the W.H. Beattie Steele Medal, the highest honour of the Australian Optical Society. In 2010 he was awarded the Barry Inglis Medal by the National Measurement Institute for excellence in precision measurement.
Professor Baldwin is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering (FTSE), the American Physical Society, the Institute of Physics (UK), the Optical Society of America and the Australian Institute of Physics.
- Researcher, Renewable fuels
- Researcher, Hydrogen economy
- Researcher, Security
- Researcher, Energy economics and policy
- ANU Research Team contributor, Hydrogen Fuels program
- ANU Research Team contributor, Regulatory Frameworks for Renewables-based Trade and Investment program
- ANU Research Team contributor, Renewable Energy Policy and Governance in Asia-Pacific Countries program
- ANU Research Team contributor, Renewable Energy Systems program