Energy Change Essentials, Tuesday 8 November (in-person at ANU)
Registrations close 4 November 2022!
Australia is in the middle of a major energy transformation – we are leading the world in the per capita installation rate for solar and wind energy. New technologies for energy generation and energy storage continue to revolutionise the electricity sector.
This Energy Change Essentials course is tailored for professionals across government and industry who are interested in the energy transition and who seek a comprehensive overview of the latest trends in energy technology, economics and policy.
Participants from a range of backgrounds will benefit from the diversity of disciplines covered: this is an essential feature of the course, as the energy transformation will impact all sectors of our economy and society.
This course will be held in-person at The Australian National University (Canberra). Catering will be provided for all course participants.
9.00 - 9.15am: Opening Session - Welcome and introductions
9.15 - 10.15am: Energy transition trends, options and policy
- Professor Frank Jotzo, Head of Energy, ANU Institute for Climate, Energy & Disaster Solutions.
10.15 - 10.30am: Break
10.30 - 11.30am: Grid Integration and storage
- Associate Prof. Marnie Shaw, ANU College of Engineering & Computer Science.
11.30am - 12.30pm: Communities and regions in the energy transition
- Dr Rebecca Pearse, ANU School of Sociology and ANU Fenner School of Environment & Society.
12.30 - 1.15pm: Lunch
1.15 - 2.15pm: Hydrogen as energy vector
- Dr Fiona Beck, Zero-Carbon Energy for the Asia-Pacific Initiative
2.15 - 3.15pm: Energy economics and policy
- Dr Thomas Longden, Zero-Carbon Energy for the Asia-Pacific Initiative
3.15 - 3.45pm: Break
3.45 - 4.15pm: Group activity
4.15 - 5pm: Panel discussion and Q&A with the lecturers
DOWNLOAD THE FULL COURSE PROGRAM
* Program may change slightly in the lead up to the course. A detailed version of the program and course logistics will be made available for registrants.
- Standard price - $1595 per person (GST inc).
- Early bird price - $1450 per person (GST inc) for early registrations until the extended date of 25 October 2022.
- Group price - $1450 per person (GST inc) for bulk registrations of 3 or more participants from the same organisation.
- Ticket registrations close 4 November 2022 or earlier if sold out.
- All course participants will receive a complimentary copy of the book, Transitioning To A Prosperous, Resilient And Carbon-Free Economy, by ANU authors and affiliates: Kenneth G H Baldwin, Mark Howden, Michael H Smith, Karen Hussey, Peter J Dawson.
This course will take place subject to demand. Registrants will receive a full refund in the unlikely event that the course is cancelled. Places are limited to 25-30 participants and registrations are on a 'first come - first served' basis.