Dr Wenting Cheng
Dr Cheng is Grand Challenge Research Fellow at the Grand Challenge Project Zero Carbon Energy for the Asia-Pacific, based at ANU College of Law. She completed her PhD project China: Rule-taker or Rule-maker in the International Intellectual Property System? at the School of Regulation and Governance (RegNet) of the Australian National University in December 2018.
In 2018, Wenting was a Visiting Fellow at the ANU Centre for European Studies, working on geographical indications in East Asian countries. Before coming to Australia, Wenting was a researcher at the Development and Research Center of State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) from 2009 to 2013. At the Center, she participated in over 20 research projects and submitted policy briefs related to China's intellectual property laws, policies and national strategies, especially focusing on patents. She also conducted consultation for EU-China IP cooperation project Intellectual Property: Key to Sustainable Development in China (IP Key). Wenting obtained her M.Phil in laws from Peking University and LL.B degree from Shanghai International Studies University.
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Trade Law
- ZCEAP Fellow, Hydrogen Fuels program
- ZCEAP Fellow, Regulatory Frameworks for Renewables-based Trade and Investment program
- ZCEAP Fellow, Renewable Energy Policy and Governance in Asia-Pacific Countries program
- Cheng, W & Lee, S 2022, 'How Green Are The National Hydrogen Startegies?', Sustainability, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 1-34.
- Wei, Z & Cheng, W 2022, 'The Concept of Intellectual Property Rights in the Chinese Civil Code', European Intellectual Property Review (E.I.P.R), vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 43-47.
- O'Neill, L, Beck, F, Cheng, W et al. 2022, 'Renewable hydrogen will be produced on land traditionally owned by First Nations people: will its owners benefit?', Australian Environment Review, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 149-158.
- Cheng, W 2021, 'The protection of genetic resources in Chinese patent law', European Intellectual Property Review (E.I.P.R), vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 248-255.
- White, L, Fazeli, R, Cheng, W et al. 2020, 'Towards emissions certification systems for international trade in hydrogen: the policy challenge of defining boundaries for emissions accounting', Energy, vol. 215, no. A.
- Cheng, W 2019, 'China engages with the global intellectual property governance: The recent trend', The Journal of World Intellectual Property, vol. 22, no. 3-4, pp. 146-161.
- Cheng, W 2018, 'Data Protection in China: 17 Years after China's WTO Accession', European Intellectual Property Review (E.I.P.R), vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 292-297.
- Cheng, W & Drahos, P 2018, 'How China Built the World's Biggest Patent Office: The Pressure Driving Mechanism', IIC - International Review of Intellectual Property and Competition Law, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 5-40.
- Li, Z & Cheng, W 2015, 'Practices of collective management of copyright on musical works and related rights on audio-video products in China', International Journal of Intellectual Property Management, vol. 8, no. 1-2, pp. 78-106.