Dr Hina Aslam
Hina joined ANU in December 2022 as a new Hoffmann Fellow on Circular Economy Policy with the ANU College of Law.
During her Fellowship, she will focus on researching key regulatory challenges and corresponding opportunities for 4IR circular solutions.
Dr. Hina carries a strong educational background of Environmental management with a doctorate degree in Ecology from the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, and a Master’s in Environmental Engineering and Sciences from Beijing Institute of technology, China.
For over years of professional research and management experience in several regions (including South Asia, Asia-Pacific, West Asia), Dr. Hina has led, managed, and successfully delivered research-based programs in the field of renewable energy policy, governance, technology, Climate finance, climate change development, e-waste management, Natural resource management, sustainability assessments, economic valuations.
Previously, she has worked for the Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI) as a research fellow leading research led policy programs and projects in the field of energy, environment, and climate change. She has also worked for The World Bank Group’s China Environment and Climate Change team as a consultant and served as a researcher at the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP’s) centre on ecosystem management in Beijing China.
Being equipped with strong scientific background and analytical skills, and with a high level of exposure and interaction with a wide spectrum of stakeholders, she enables research informed analysis to foster greater coherence of policy making, strategy development and its implementation.
- Climate Change Impacts And Adaptation
- Ecological Impacts Of Climate Change And Ecological Adaptation
- Ecosystem Function
- Ecosystem Services (Incl. Pollination)
- Environmental Biotechnology Not Elsewhere Classified
- Environmental Assessment And Monitoring
- Environmental Management
- Natural Resource Management
- Other Environmental Sciences Not Elsewhere Classified
- Environmental And Resources Law
- Environmental Law
- Climate Change Law
- International And Comparative Law
- Asian And Pacific Law
- Climate Change Science
- Urban And Regional Planning
- Researcher, Climate economics and policy
- Researcher, Industrial decarbonisation
- Researcher, Energy economics and policy