Dr Kean Chern Fong
Kean Chern received his Bachelor's degree with first class honours in Electronics Engineering from Multimedia University, Malaysia in 2005, and his PhD degree in Engineering (Photovoltaics) from the Australian National University, Australia in 2012. He was a Test Engineer at Intel Corporation between 2005 to 2008 developing test libraries for Intel multi-core processors and chipsets.
He is currently a Research Fellow at the Australian National University conducting research in the Centre for Sustainable Energy Systems, developing high efficiency interdigitated back contact solar cells, and conducting research in characterisation and modelling of silicon solar cells.
Characterisation of Silicon Solar Cells:
- Measurement and understanding of solar cell IV curves
- Measurement and understanding losses in silicon solar cells
Simulation and Modelling of Silicon solar cells:
- 2D and 3D simulation of silicon solar cells
- Modeling of highly doped silicon region
- Solar cell loss analysis
Solar Cell fabrication:
- Design, optimisation and fabrication of back contact solar cells
- Advanced solar cell designs
- Design optimisation of silicon solar cells