Dr Anna Raupach
Anna Madeleine Raupach is an artist working in drawing, experimental animation, augmented reality (AR) and interactive installation. She completed her PhD in media arts at UNSW Art and Design in 2014, and graduated with honours in Photography & Media Arts from ANU School of Art & Design in 2007. Her practice explores time and mapping, with a current focus on reimagining abstract notions of temporality relevant to climate change.
Anna has a PhD in Media Arts from UNSW Art & Design (2014) and a Bachelor of Visual Arts (Honours) from ANU School of Art & Design (2007), where she holds a Lecturer position. She has had solo exhibitions in New York, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Montreal and Bandung and has been awarded international residencies at the Cité Internationale des Arts, Paris, through the Art Gallery of NSW (2018); Common Room Network Foundation, Indonesia, with Asialink Arts (2017); and the University of Southern California, supported by ArtsACT. Across Australia she has participated in exhibitions at Verge Gallery (Sydney), Bundanon Trust (NSW), Watch This Space (Alice Springs), Flinders Lane Gallery and Art+Climate=Change (Melbourne). Her work has been selected for prizes including the Ramsay Art Prize (2021), Blake Prize (2020), Waterhouse Natural Science Art Prize (2020) and the Churchie Emerging Arts Prize (2016).
- Interdisciplinary practice-led research
- Experimental drawing
- Moving image
- Mixed reality
- Interactive installation
- Mobile communication technologies
- Time studies
- Critical plant theory
- Raupach, A 2019, 'Realignment', Revue VIH/SIDA, Droit et Politiques, no. 2, pp. 24-26.
- Raupach, A 2019, 'Temporal hybrids: using augmented reality to re-imagine the affordances of natural objects', 25th International Symposium on Electronic Art (ISEA 2019), ed. Juyong Park, Juhan Nam & Jin Wan Park, ISEA International, Seoul, Korea, pp. 504-507.
- Raupach, A 2019, Augmented tree-rings.
- Raupach, A 2018, 'Re-animating Climate Change: Abstract Temporalities in Augmented Reality', Transformations, no. 32, pp. 125-143.
- Raupach, A 2018, Sediments.
- Raupach, A 2018, Second Nature.
- Raupach, A 2018, Pranatamangsa AR.
- Raupach, A 2017, The Other North.
- Raupach, A 2016, Submarine Cable Map.
- Raupach, A M 2016, Beautiful Collision: 'Borland + Borland' at Canberra Glassworks, Art Monthly Australasia, Issue 288, pp. 50-51.
- Raupach, A M 2016, Creative Industry: Matt Ellwood Interrogates Art & Fashion, Art New Zealand, Number 158, pp. 60-63.
- Raupach, A M 2015, Leslie Rice, Artist Profile, Issue 31, pp. 98-101.
- Raupach, A M 2015, Tamara Dean, Artist Profile, Issue 32, pp. 68-74.
- Raupach, A M 2014, Paul Snell, Artist Profile, Issue 29, pp. 96-100.
- Raupach, A M 2014, Paula do Prado, Artist Profile, Issue 27, pp. 94-99.
- Raupach, A M 2013, Australia in the UK, Artist Profile, Issue 24, pp. 116-118.
- Raupach, A M 2013, Charles Green & Lyndell Brown, Artist Profile, Issue 23, pp. 142-143.
- Raupach, A M 2013, Kiki Smith, Artist Profile, Issue 22, pp. 92-96pp.
- Raupach, A M 2013, Tony Garifalakis, Artist Profile, Issue 25, pp. 64-49.
- Raupach, A M 2012, Jumaadi, Artist Profile, Issue 21, pp. 72-76.