Energy Conversations: A clean transport strategy for the ACT
Is Australia falling behind on clean transport and what options are available for consumers to get to zero on the road?
In our next iteration of Energy Conversations, several expert speakers offer their analysis on the latest developments in clean transport including electric vehicles, charging in the ACT and surrounds, increasing the uptake of active and public transport, and transport challenges in sprawling cities like Canberra.
The Energy Conversations event series aims to provide a forum for conversations between different parts of the local energy sector about emerging research and technology.
- Jo Clay MLA - Member for Ginninderra; ACT Greens Spokesperson for Transport, Active Travel and Road Safety, Legislative Assembly for the Australian Capital Territory | PRESENTATION
- Dr Bjorn Sturmberg - Research Leader, Battery Storage and Grid Integration Program, The Australian National University | PRESENTATION
- Dr Yuan Peng – Research Fellow, ANU Grand Challenge Zero-Carbon Energy for the Asia-Pacific, College of Science, The Australian National University
- Bede Doherty – eMobility rainmaker: strategy, financial innovation & leadership, EV Marketplace (previously EV specialist for AGL and ActewAGL) | PRESENTATION
Following presentations, the speakers will join a panel discussion to consider strategies for clean transport in Australia. The panel discussion will be moderated by Dr Marnie Shaw, Senior Research Fellow, School of Engineering; Research Leader, Battery Storage and Grid Integration Program, The Australian National University.
Light refreshments will be provided at the conclusion of the event.
This event is hosted by the Australian Institute of Energy and the ANU Institute for Climate, Energy & Disaster Solutions.
- Please note that masks must be worn by audience members during this event. More information regarding masks at the ANU can be found here.
- Event registration privacy notice.