What decarbonisation pathways are available to Australia and Indonesia as both countries transition energy sectors?
Join the inaugural Indonesia-Australian Energy Transition Forum online or in person at The Australian National University to discuss this question and more. Hear from a range of presenters on the social and political impacts of the energy transition and the opportunities and challenges ahead for both Indonesia and Australia as they journey to net zero emissions.
9-9.10am: Opening Remarks
- Frank Jotzo, Head of Energy, ANU Institute for Climate, Energy & Disaster Solutions (ICEDS); Professor, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University (ANU)
- Teguh Dartanto, Dean, Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Indonesia (UI)
9.10 – 10.10am: Energy Transition in Australia and the Region
This session will be chaired by Lee White, Fellow, ANU School of Regulation and Global Governance; Zero Carbon Energy for the Asia Pacific Grand Challenge.
- Energy transition in Australia and Asia
Paul Burke, Head, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics; Deputy Director, ANU Crawford School of Public Policy
- Australia’s potential to participate in zero-carbon energy trade
Emma Aisbett, Associate Director (Research), Zero Carbon Energy for the Asia Pacific Grand Challenge; Associate Professor, ANU College of Law
10.10 – 10.30am: Morning Tea Break
10.30am – 12:00pm: Energy Transition in Indonesia
This session will be chaired by Milda Irhamni, Institute for Economic and Social Research at Universitas Indonesia.
- Energy transition pathway – modelling exercise
Widodo Wahyu Purwanto, Professor of Sustainable Energy, Universitas Indonesia
- Financing energy transition
Alin Halimatussadiah, Lecturer, Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Indonesia
- Political economy of energy transition
Budy P. Resosudarmo, Professor, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics; Head, Indonesia Project; Deputy Head, Poverty and Inequality Research Centre
- Social impact of energy transition
Teguh Dartanto, Dean, Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Indonesia
12-12.05pm: Closing Remarks
12.05 – 12.45pm: Light lunch and networking
The event is co-hosted by the Institute for Economic and Social Research at Universitas Indonesia (LPEM FEB UI), the Faculty of Economics and Business at Universitas Indonesia (FEB UI) the ANU Indonesia Project, the ANU Institute for Climate, Energy & Disaster Solutions (ICEDS) and made possible by the KONEKSI Collaborative Research grant funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
- Please click here for more information on getting to our events.
- This is a hybrid event with the option to join online via Zoom or in-person at the ANU Acton campus. Morning tea and a light lunch will be provided for in-person participants.
- By registering for this event you are also subscribing to the ANU Institute for Climate, Energy & Disaster Solutions mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of correspondence. Find out more information in the Event registration privacy notice.